These are the rules of Aardwolf. They are here to ensure that when people reach the coveted ranks of the Superheroes, Remorts, and even Tiers, they have done so without cheating and the game is fair for everyone. By playing Aardwolf, you are implying agreement to follow these rules even if you may not agree with what the rules say. Continuously ignoring and/or breaking these rules is taken as indication that you no longer wish to continue playing Aardwolf and we shall act accordingly.
This helpfile lists only the basic backbone of the rules. We expect players to follow the spirit of the rules, not just the letter of the law; if you think you have found a way around the letter, you can be fairly sure you are violating the spirit and will be treated no less harshly. Still, we have details available of what exactly the rules mean, so further information can be found in the "Policies" helpfiles listed below. Do not think, however, that following even the most precise wording is any excuse for ignoring the spirit of the rules.
Remember, if you're not sure whether something is illegal, assume that it is unless an Immortal tells you otherwise- but feel free to ask!
1) Keep language at a PG13 level in public areas. For this reason, the 'curse' channel has been added. If you are under 18 or offended by bad language, leave this channel off. Do not use MXP or extended characters on public channels or in public places. (See 'help policies1'.)
2) No multiplaying. Your characters cannot be online at the same time or aid each other in any way. The same character cannot be shared by more than one player. (See 'help policies2'.)
3) No personal attacks. Keep arguments out of public forums. Take care of what you can on your own, but continued harassment will get the Imms involved. (See 'help policies3'.)
4) No kill-stealing/interfering in others' fights. (See 'help policies4'.)
5) If you find a bug, or think you might have found a bug, report it; do not abuse it while it is broken. (See 'help policies5'.)
6) No powerlevelling or helping others quest. Following somebody around and aiding them without grouping is illegal. (See 'help policies6'.)
7) You play the game, not a script. Gaining anything while AFK (gold, items, experience) is not allowed. (See 'help policies7'.)
8) Except for commands involving your password, anything has the potential (however unlikely) to be logged. (See 'help policies8'.)
9) Do not spam commands, especially on channels. (See 'help spam'.)
10) Do not help others evade the rules or imm-imposed punishments.
11) Do not advertise other MUDs on Aardwolf. You may discuss them in private, but there are several other resources (mudconnect.com, Usenet rec.games.mud.* groups, etc.) for advertising; other MUDs are not the appropriate place to do so. Aardwolf expects its players to not advertise on other MUDs and expects the same in return.
12) Aardwolf has a robust raiding system targeted at high level, powerful characters. For rules specifically affecting raiding, please read 'help policies9'.
Also see 'help conduct' for acceptable/unacceptable general behavior. Specific guidelines for certain aspects of Aardwolf are often covered in their own related help files; make sure to read help files carefully and thoroughly.
Remember, who and what you are when you turn off the computer is of zero consequence here. On Aardwolf, you are determined solely by your words and actions in this realm. Please, think before you type.